Monday, July 7, 2008

Inaugural musings...

Hello, is there anybody in there...

Ok, so first in a series. No promises. Down and out in Broward County...down as in SOUTH and out as in OUT of the loop. It's been almost a year and I'm still undecided. It's not that it's necessarily bad, but it's not there. At least people visit here. Somehow, Ohio never made it on the vacation hot spot list.

Today's observation is that it is just as hot here as Ohio(and vice versa). At least here I have a pool. The downside is that in order to keep the south half of the house cool, the northern half is freezing. I am getting some use of the long sleeves and sweaters after all.

Things I miss most about Central Ohio:
• friends and neighbors
• Graeter's ice cream
• people who use turn signals - I can't believe I thought it was bad before moving here.
• maple trees - especially in the fall
• peonies
• topographically diverse car trips.

The list will grow, I'm sure.

Until next we meet...

1 comment:

Emilia said...

Hooray for an Amy blog!!! You know, one thing I did get in FL was almost NY pizza. AND they delivered fresh cannoli right to the door. Seriously happy making.