Tuesday, July 8, 2008

On the plus side...

Ok, a few things I DO like about Florida...

• it's sunny almost all of the time. No more perpetually gray, hazy days;
• the air is clean;
• it's green...everything is green...all year. Ok, maybe not in April/May when it didn't rain for six weeks.
• it's easier to convince people to visit...did I mention this before? How nice it is to visit?

Anyway...the kids are doing well and getting tan (of course, this means I'm convinced they'll develop melanoma, but let's not borrow trouble, eh?). Summer is almost over - thankfully - and they've not succeeded in killing each other. Thank God for small miracles. Yay for all day kindergarten!

On the home front, I finally, for the first time in my adult life, have a room that looks like it was decorated - or at least finished to a degree beyond "hey, that rug is cheap and it'll fit." It's only a bathroom, but it's something.

Baby steps...

No comments: