Monday, September 15, 2008

Duck Season...

...is on. That duck has officially crossed the line. It is on notice. It came after me this time, as everyone else in the pool was able to get out of the water fast enough. I'm starting to have nightmares about ducks.

Oh, and we've also had raccoons in the yard. It's not an animal conspiracy, yet, but the word is out...I think they were drawn to the fruit I was leaving out for the lizards. Sorry lizards.

In other news...we missed Ike, thankfully. Had a few stressful days of wondering and amassing dried fruit and turkey jerky, but we dodged a bullet there. Only two and a half more months of hurricane season!

Otherwise...school has begun and I've signed up to help out on about six different committees, plus the library and school clinic. What was I thinking? At least it keeps me from going back to sleep after dropping the kids off. Damn. What WAS I thinking?!

In the next episode: Our first family tent camping trip! Yeah, that should be interesting. I've been promised we'll have electricity, though, and Michael's looking into a tent air conditioner. We're so not tent people!

No comments: