Saturday, November 15, 2008

You know, it really isn't all that bad.

Here we are in mid-November and the sun is shining and the breeze is blowing and it's a comfortable 79 degrees out...ok, so the high is forecast for 90...and I'm thinking it could be worse.

We survived our latest campout at Sebastian Inlet. Surfers amongst you will recognize the name. It's a beautiful place about two and a half hours north of us that is infested with bloodsucking insects that lie in wait for unsuspecting campers. Apparently, it's not enough to be bitten, many people are allergic to the bite. No luck escaping that one. Piper's immune, but the rest of us look like we're recovering from chicken pox.

The next camping excursion is to Disney World's Fort Wilderness campground. Should be fun. I think the adults in our group are more excited than the kids. Say what you will about the place, they treat people well and the kids always have fun visiting the mouse.

So, I find myself looking forward to visiting the great frozen north. I'm stocking up on sweaters and closed-toe shoes and looking forward to wearing a jacket or even a scarf! I can't wait. Of course, lately, I shiver sitting outside after 6pm when the sun starts going down, so this will be a true test of how I've adapted to the sunnier clime and whether or not I'm doomed to be one of those old ladies who stands in the sun in August with a sweater on trying to warm my old bones.

I should be so lucky.

If you're reading this, have a happy Thanksgiving and know I'm thankful for knowing you...and that we've always got room at the inn.

1 comment:

Dee said...

I was just thinking about last year and glad that we got to spend Thanksgiving with you. It eased the withdrawal symptoms.