Wednesday, July 1, 2009

40 Days and 40 Nights...

AAAAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

It has rained every single day of summer vacation to this point...July 1st. Or at least it seems like it. It has easily rained every single day for the last two weeks (so that's like one week shy of the entire summer vacation). I don't want to exaggerate.

Usually, it doesn't rain much AT the beach, but the ONE day I take the kids by myself with our group of school and scout friends, black skies and lightning...the blanket was soaked and Piper scraped her foot on a rock. So, we left after an hour at the beach...got all sticky and sandy for one short hour. It was a good hour, though. Silver lining and all that.


So, today we're going to make some snickerdoodles - the boy's favorite. Then I'm off to pick up my texts for my fabulous new job. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it and figure out what the hell I'm going to say to 75 eager, or at least paying, young minds come August 24th. Well, I'm off to slog through the rain...

No comments: